It’s November, huh? I guess I better set some goals. I know I’ve written about this a hundred times, but a little repetition in this arena never hurts.
So, what are my November goals?
- BLOG AGAIN: I know, I know…I’ve also written *this* goal like every month. This time, it’s for real, though. My blogging has been atrocious since summer. One of my greatest joys in running my businesses is being able to blog about what’s going on and provide you with some value as you scroll through the day, so not blogging is no fun. This is why I am forcing myself to blog this at 6:12 PM tonight; I am going to get back at this.
- BUILD BACK BETTER HABITS: Would you believe there was a time in my life where I taught full time, ran a business, trained for half marathons, and was a grad student? Yeah, me either. Somewhere between 2015 and now I’ve lost some of my endurance–both mentally and physically–and I want to gain some of it back. I don’t have a solid plan for the how of this, but I am trusting Peloton might provide it (they have running programs AND meditations, so it is at least a start).
- VOTE: I get it: Things are beyond belief in democracy right now. But the right to vote, that’s unwavering, and I will always exercise that right.
- COMPLETE 75% OF MY HOLIDAY SHOPPING: I am a fairly last minute person when it comes to the holidays, and it is both exhilarating and stress-inducing. I will no doubt still have plenty to do at the very last minute, but I would like to have a greater proportion of the work done ahead of time.
- PREP FOR ENGAGEMENT SEASON: The time between Christmas and Valentine’s Day is a huge time for people to become engaged. As a wedding photographer, then, that’s pretty much go-time, so I want to be ready. I have prepped a new batch of booking gifts, and I am revamping my wedding guide this weekend. I also have a few blog topics on the calendar that will help the recently engaged navigate this awesome time (so long as Goal #1 works out).
What are YOUR main goals for November?
Kayla Lee is a Minnesota-based wedding and elopement photographer (and handcrafter and designer on the side). She serves elegant, authentic, sentimental couples who not only choose their own adventures, but also live them to the fullest! See more about the KLP Wedding Experience!