Wedding photography is a crucial aspect of any wedding, as it captures the memories and emotions of the day for the couple to cherish for a lifetime. One question that often arises is whether or not to hire a second shooter for the wedding. Like everything in wedding photography coverage, it comes down to personal preference and what we need to do to make your day your day. With that said, heere are some benefits of hiring a second shooter and why you should consider it:
- More Comprehensive Coverage: Hiring a second shooter ensures that every important moment is captured. With two photographers, there’s less risk of missing a critical shot, and the couple can rest assured that every aspect of their special day will be captured.
- Different Perspectives: Having two photographers with different styles and approaches can result in a more diverse and unique set of wedding photos. A second shooter can capture different angles, different vantage points, and can bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Reduced Stress: Weddings can be hectic, and having a second shooter can help alleviate some of the stress. The primary photographer can focus on capturing the most important moments, while the second shooter can capture candid moments and provide backup coverage.
- More Efficient: With two photographers, the coverage of the wedding can be more efficient, as the photographers can split up and cover different aspects of the day simultaneously. This can result in a more efficient timeline and a more comprehensive set of photos.
- Extra Support: A second shooter can also provide extra support to the primary photographer, such as helping with equipment, scouting for locations, and providing additional creative ideas.
- More Photos: With two photographers, there will inevitably be more photos to choose from, which can be a great advantage when it comes to choosing the best photos to showcase in an album or print.
- Better Captured Candid Moments: With a second shooter, there’s a higher chance of capturing candid moments of the couple and guests that can’t be captured by a single photographer. I often find my seconds grab some of of the best memories when I am busy posing. Hiring a second shooter can definitely increase candid images; if that is a priority for you, it is something to consider.
In conclusion, hiring a second shooter for your wedding can offer many benefits. From more comprehensive coverage and different perspectives to reduced stress and extra support, a second shooter can help ensure that every important moment of your special day is captured beautifully.
Kayla Lee is a Minnesota-based wedding and elopement photographer (and handcrafter and designer on the side). She serves elegant, authentic, sentimental couples who not only choose their own adventures, but also live them to the fullest! See more about the KLP Wedding Experience!
add a comment