Saint Paul is Minnesota’s capital city, which means sometimes it seems like it is strictly business. Between the politics and corporations that call it home, that’s an easy vibe to feel from them. However, Minneapolis’s twin is also home to a few quirky and unique Saint Paul wedding venues that anyone getting married should consider:
- COMO PARK ZOO + CONSERVATORY: Recite your vows in a stunning conservatory or garden. Celebrate with your friends and family outside with the flora or inside overlooking it all and taking it all in. This is what Como Park offers couples who want to step outside the ballrooms and halls and into something beautiful, unique, and different. Visit their wedding and event website to learn more.
- UNION DEPOT: While train travel might not be the first thing that comes to mind for most, it is a huge part of our nation’s explorer spirit. This means that, as our earlier form of transportation, the stations are historic and classic and perfect for weddings; St. Paul’s Union Depot is no exception. This 1920’s restored train hub has five indoor spaces and two outdoor spaces, so the possibilities are endless at this unique Saint Paul venue. See what it can do for your day!
- URBAN GROWLER: This woman-owned brewery has all the things you’d want from a venue: Prohibition chic rental space (with barrels, bricks, beams, and big windows), wonderful in-house catering, and delicious brews (and probably the best cream soda ever in their Honey Cream Soda). This is a wonderful option for anyone looking for a unique, rustic, and industrial space. Check out what they can offer any couple!
- PADLEFORD RIVERBOATS: A couple can get married by the river or ON the river. Up to 500 guests can celebrate as everyone cruises on the Mighty Mississippi. Set sail towards “I do” with Padleford–see what they offer here! As far as unique Saint Paul wedding venues, this is a top choice!
- PAIKKA: I could write something, but why not let my friend Leez from Freshly Brewed Copy explain her dream Paikka day? “If you’re dreaming of a modern and versatile wedding venue with just the right amount of industrial charm, PAIKKA’s event space is where it’s at. From the spacious main room with vaulted ceilings, glass garage doors, and moveable plant walls to the adjacent cocktail lounge room and courtyard, you’ll love how seamlessly this space allows you to go from wedding ceremony to cocktail hour and reception party. Best of all, PAIKKA provides flexibility in décor and catering so that you can truly customize every part of your dream day.” Check them out!
What other unique Saint Paul wedding venues should be added to this list?
Kayla Lee is a Minnesota-based wedding and elopement photographer. She provides services to elegant, authentic, sentimental couples who not only choose their own adventures, but also live them to the fullest! See more about the KLP Wedding Experience!