I missed my opportunity to post this blog last week (thanks, weird virus…not THAT virus, a different one), but I wanted to be sure I circled back and get these goals out there into the open. As I have said before on a Friday the Thirteenth past, I am NOT superstitious, but I do believe in the power of the universe, and I believe that in order to receive, we have to ask for it.
So, what am I asking for from 2023?
- AN INTERNATIONAL DESTINATION WEDDING: I photographed my first destination wedding in 2022, and I am addicted. I love wedding photography the way I love travel, so combining the two is a dream actually, literally come true. I have some travel planned to Montreal in the second part of the year, so I would love to get something on the calendar there…but I would love to go anywhere!
- TO START A PODCAST: I have a lot of things to say when it comes to business communications, and I would love to create a podcast specifically to talk about the importance of a solid comm game. We talk about marketing, we talk about sales, but we don’t often talk a lot about the language that get us there. I know my wordsmithing is what has allowed me to grow two businesses, so I want to talk more about that. Oof, having typed that freaks me out…but I am not allowing myself to delete it, because it needs to happen.
- EXPAND WHOLESALE: This is more for my product business, but I want to get my unique wooden embroidery kits into a few stores. I love making and designing them, so I want to spread them around far and wide.
- KEEP A BULLET JOURNAL: I am the most organized when I keep a bullet journal. Being physically involved with the upkeep of my planner makes me hyper focused and I accomplished so much more when I keep one along side a regular planner. Wonder what I’m using? You can find the goods here (this is an affiliate link, and I will make a teeny tiny commission off purchases)
- START LISTENING TO MYSELF: Over the last few years, I have become a little bit too inviting of every offer or voice into my business. I’ve believed a lie that I didn’t know, that my intuition was full of baloney. This is the year where I listen to myself, first. I know what I need–everything I need is inside me. I have enough tools and tips and tricks to trust myself. I hope that happens this year.
What are your big goals for 2023?
Kayla Lee is a Minnesota-based wedding and elopement photographer (and handcrafter and designer on the side). She serves elegant, authentic, sentimental couples who not only choose their own adventures, but also live them to the fullest! See more about the KLP Wedding Experience!