‘Tis the wedding planning season, and no season would be complete without hearing advertisements for a bridal show. Bridal shows, also sometimes called wedding expos, are awesome for soon-to-be-married couples, as it is a chance to meet several vendors from many different categories who are all super excited to talk about your wedding day.
Wondering how you can make the most of your visit to a bridal show? Here are six simple suggestions to give you a hand with your wedding planning:
1. Print address labels with your contact information (name, address, phone number, and email). You will be filling out a ton of entry forms, door prize slips, and things like that. Save yourself some time by having these labels ready to go! BONUS TIP: Create a wedding email account just for your planning (that way all vendor emails can be funneled through that one account, rather to several).
2. Wear comfortable shoes. Between walking from booth to booth and standing while chatting, you will be on your feet a lot while you meander from vendor to vendor. Do your tootsies a solid and wear comfortable shoes to keep the event pain free.
3. Have an idea about your budget. Your discussions with potential vendors will be much more efficient if you have an idea about how much of your wedding funds you can allot to each category. Still working on that budget? Receive a set of FREE wedding planning sheets here!
4. Create a list of must haves from your ideal vendors. Do you want your photographer to provide a print release? Or do you love a highlight film, so your dream videographer must create one? Having knowledge about what you want from your vendors will allow you to know what questions to ask. Speaking of questions…
5. Write a list of them. There are a lot of things you will want to know, so it is important to have a list of questions ready when your wedding experts are right there, eager to talk all things wedding. Wondering what kinds of questions to ask? Check out this list!
6. Plan on leaving with appointments, not bookings. It isn’t wise to go into a bridal show expecting to have everything booked by the time you leave. Think of this as the introduction: This is your chance to meet several vendors in one category, decide on a couple you would like to learn a little more about, and try to set up another time to talk without all the hustle around you.
Wondering where you can put all this info to good use? Join about three dozen awesome wedding vendors at The Wedding Market on April 27, 2019, at the historic Old Central School in downtown Grand Rapids!
This not-so-typical wedding show is meant to leave you exhilarated and motivated about your own wedding planning. Hang around with coffee in hand and surround yourself with wedding chatter! Decoration inspiration, food, free coffee, giveaways, DIY flower buffet, and more!
Interested? Register today–and we will see you then!!