There’s one aspect of your wedding day this is super important but often overlooked – the Wedding Emergency Kit. Yes, friends, even the most meticulously planned weddings can have unexpected hiccups, and that’s where your trusty emergency kit comes in.
Why a Wedding Emergency Kit?
Think of it as your wedding day’s best friend – the one who’s got your back no matter what. Whether it’s a sudden headache, a small stain on your dress, or a loose button, a well-stocked wedding emergency kit is like a superhero in disguise, ready to save the day.
What to Pack in Your Wedding Emergency Kit
What goes into this magical kit? Here’s a little checklist I’ve put together for you:
- Basic First Aid: Band-aids, pain relievers, antacids – the basics to tackle minor aches and pains.
- Beauty Essentials: Blotting papers, lipstick for touch-ups, mini deodorant, and bobby pins because you never know.
- Fashion Fixes and Quick Clean Ups: Safety pins, a small sewing kit, and double-sided tape for those unexpected wardrobe malfunctions. Stain remover pens or wipes can be a game-changer. Whether it’s a drop of wine or a makeup smudge, you’ll be ready for those little oops moments.
- Fresh Breath Fixers: Mints or chewing gum – because fresh breath is a must when you’re about to kiss the love of your life!
- Snack Attack: Energy bars or a small snack to keep those hunger pangs at bay.
- Hydration Station: A bottle of water to keep you hydrated and glowing.
- Calm and Collected: Stress can sneak up on you, so include some calming. That could be essential oils or a mini stress ball or a weak nib. A little lavender or peppermint scent (or 50 mL of rum) can work wonders to soothe those pre-ceremony jitters.
- Clear Vision: If you or your significant other wear glasses, don’t forget a lens cleaner and a repair kit. For contact lens wearers, pack some extra lenses and solution.
- Weather Warriors: Be prepared for Mother Nature’s surprises – a compact umbrella for rain, sunscreen for a sunny day, and even a small fan if it’s going to be hot.
- Dance Floor Ready: Gel insoles or comfy flats because let’s be real, those stunning shoes might not be dance-floor friendly. Your feet will thank you when it’s time to boogie down.
Personalize Your Kit
Your wedding emergency kit should reflect your needs. If you’re wearing heels, add blister plasters. Allergic to bees? Don’t forget your EpiPen. The key is to personalize it to your day and needs.
Peace of Mind on Your Big Day
With your wedding emergency kit packed, you can focus on what truly matters – celebrating your love and enjoying every moment of your big day without sweating the small stuff.
Moral of the story: Pack your kit and get ready to tackle any wedding emergency like a pro!
Kayla Lee is a Minnesota-based wedding and elopement photographer (and handcrafter and designer on the side). She serves elegant, authentic, sentimental couples who not only choose their own adventures, but also live them to the fullest! See more about the KLP Wedding Experience!
On Mondays we educate! Check out the blog every Monday for a new post to help you plan your wedding your way! Find past posts here!