To me, movies can be like an old comfy sweatshirt. Maybe it’s just me, but there is something soothing in re-watching an old favorite to relax. In the fast-paced world we live in, finding a moment of rest and relaxation can be a real treasure. That’s why I cherish my collection of feel-good relaxing movies. The following cinematic gems provide the perfect escape from the daily hustle and bustle. These heartwarming films that make me unwind, optimize your movie night, and guarantee a cozy, relaxing experience.
1. “A View From The Top” No, this is not a critically-acclaimed film; far from it, actually, but I love it. Starring the charming Gwyneth Paltrow, “A View From The Top” takes us on a delightful journey of a small-town girl with big dreams of becoming a flight attendant. This comedy offers a lighthearted plot filled with humor, romance, and a touch of ambition. The feel-good factor here lies in the pursuit of dreams and the realization that success can come from unexpected places.
2. “Julie & Julia” “Julie & Julia” is a culinary masterpiece, intertwining the lives of two women separated by time but connected by their love for food. Meryl Streep’s portrayal of the iconic Julia Child is utterly captivating. The movie not only celebrates the joy of cooking but also the importance of passion and persistence, leaving you with a warm, fuzzy feeling that lingers long after the credits roll.
3. “Maid in Manhattan” Jennifer Lopez shines in “Maid in Manhattan” as a hardworking hotel maid who gets an unexpected chance at love when mistaken for a guest by a charismatic politician. This modern Cinderella story reminds us that love can find us when we least expect it, and it’s a delightful reminder of the magic of New York City. And Stanley Tucci.
4. “The Wedding Planner” Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Lopez rekindle their on-screen chemistry in “The Wedding Planner.” This rom-com oozes charm and humor, following the life of a wedding planner who finds herself in an unexpected love triangle. With its quirky humor and heartwarming moments, it’s impossible not to feel good while watching this film.
5. “The Trotsky” One of these things is not like the other, but it has earned its place on this list. For a touch of indie charm, “The Trotsky” offers a unique twist on the coming-of-age genre. Starring Jay Baruchel as a high school student who believes he is the reincarnation of Leon Trotsky, this Canadian gem combines humor and political satire, making it a relaxing yet thought-provoking watch. It also features a pre-“Schitt’s Creek” Emily Hampshire, proving she’s been amazing forever and ever.
In a world filled with stress and chaos, these feel-good relaxing movies provide the perfect antidote. Whether you’re in the mood for a dose of laughter, a culinary adventure, or a heartwarming romance, these films have you covered. So, grab your popcorn, settle into your favorite spot, and let these movies whisk you away into a world of comfort and joy. Your best rest movie night awaits!
Kayla Lee is a Minnesota-based wedding and elopement photographer (and handcrafter and designer on the side). She serves elegant, authentic, sentimental couples who not only choose their own adventures, but also live them to the fullest! See more about the KLP Wedding Experience!