Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, and you want to look and feel your best. Choosing the right hair and makeup artist can make all the difference. But with so many options out there, how do you know which artist to choose? Here are some things to consider when hiring a hair and makeup artist for your wedding day.
- Experience: It’s important to choose an artist with experience in wedding hair and makeup. Look for someone who has worked with brides before and has a portfolio of bridal looks. You want someone who knows how to create a look that will last all day and look great in photos.
- Recommendations: Ask your friends and family members for recommendations. If someone you know has had a positive experience with a hair and makeup artist, it’s a good sign that they’re reliable and professional. You can also check online reviews to see what other brides have to say.
- License and Insurance: Make sure the artist you choose is licensed and insured. This will give you peace of mind knowing that you’re working with a professional who is qualified to do the job. In the unlikely event that something goes wrong, insurance will protect both you and the artist. I know it is tempting to go with a cheaper artist who maybe isn’t trained or insured, but trust me: It will cost more than the fees of a true professional should something go wrong with the amateur.
- Communication: Choose a wedding hair and make up artist who is easy to communicate with and who listens to your needs. You want someone who will work with you to create the look you want, rather than imposing their own ideas on you. Make sure the artist is open to feedback and willing to make changes if necessary.
- Availability: Check the artist’s availability before booking. You don’t want to fall in love with someone’s work only to find out they’re not available on your wedding day. Make sure you book your hair and makeup artist well in advance to avoid disappointment.
Choosing the right hair and makeup artist for your wedding day is crucial. Look for someone with experience, good recommendations, a license and insurance, good communication skills, and availability. With these things in mind, you’ll be able to find an artist who will help you look and feel your best on your special day.
Kayla Lee is a Minnesota-based wedding and elopement photographer (and handcrafter and designer on the side). She serves elegant, authentic, sentimental couples who not only choose their own adventures, but also live them to the fullest! See more about the KLP Wedding Experience!
add a comment